Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15, 2009 Gathering

PRELUDE

Music by Maggie Keelan


WELCOME

Welcome to The Pub Church! As a church in a pub, the Spirit is with us. In this space feel free to move about, help yourself to drinks/food, doodle, and express ideas openly!

We come together with diversity of thoughts, stories, talents, hopes and hurts. All we bring is welcome; our prayer is that in coming together with all our differences and with Spirit, we participate toward a new divine reality. This is sacred space.


INVOCATION OF THE FOUR DIRECTIONS

East

South

West

North

Center

Lighting of the Candles


OPENING MEDITATION

I am a million-of-years-old wonder!

I am an international…no…cosmic treasure.

I ought to be safeguarded in a museum somewhere like Paganini’s violin. I out to be gasped at, talked about in hushed, amazed, reverential tones.

Viewers would touch me gently and feel lucky. Daily newspaper headlines could say,

“(your name) exists again today!”

Radio and TV talk shows could discuss me, my ordinary events…that I saw a bluebird with my millions-of-years-old eyes and heard it sing with my highly advanced, evolutionary ears; that my graceful hands with opposable thumbs fed my sensitive mouth delicious strawberries that it tasted. Then, without a conscious thought,

my brilliant brain directed my masterful,

complex digestive system to assimilate and use them for fuel to wash dishes,

write poems, hold hands, laugh, and share kisses. No one would completely understand or

dare to finally say how my marvelous, magical, famous, fine self exists, really.

I am just, bottom line,

a million-of-years-old wonder.

You are too.

Blessed be.


TELLING OUR STORY

I see you!

I am here!


PEACE – TOAST

In this place we creatively express;

Some of us are focused, some are a mess!

We participate during the sermon

And people do connect, we are learnin’

Greet all with a handshake, toast or a wave

At all times feel free to yell, rant or rave

Fake not friends, we can arrive as we are.

Cheers! Here’s to sacred space in a bar!


CREATIVE EXPRESSION

By Maggie


CELEBRATING OUR BODIES

Readings: (various)

All Respond: All bodies are beautiful

~~~~~~~~~~~

- What has been your journey with your body?

- What would you like it to be like in the future?

- How can you start that journey today?


COMMUNION AND SHARING OF RESOURCES

God is with us.

Yes she is.


FEEDBACK AND ANNOUNCEMENTS


RELEASING THE DIRECTIONS


BENEDICTION

East – South – West - North - Center

The circle is open, but unbroken.

May the peace of the Goddess go in our hearts. Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again. Blessed be.


POSTLUDE

By Maggie