- As usual, we have been meeting every week on Saturdays, 5:00pm at The Dugout . That's right, we meet every week unless the Dugout is closed, in which case I will email with alternate plans.
- And so guess what? The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Saturday, November 28th, the Dugout is CLOSED. Soooo...
- Saturday, November 28th, The Pub Church will gather at 124 Hamilton St. in Cambridge for dinner and a movie. Dinner is at 5:00pm and then we will get on the T and head to Harvard Sq. AMC for a movie (TBD).
- On Thanksgiving, 11/26, at 5:00pm all are invited to Thanksgiving dinner at 124 Hamilton St. in Cambridge. Please join us in giving thanks, eating good food, and enjoying each other's company. Feel free to bring anyone else with you too. Also if you want to bring a favorite side-dish or dessert let me know so we won't double cook :-)
- In other news, The Pub Church has an intern this academic year! Wes Dalton is a Master of Divinity student at the BU School of Theology and is doing his field education with us at pub church. Already a regular participant at pub church, we now get to participate with him in accomplishing his learning objectives. Ask him about it :-)
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Music by John Gerard
Welcome to The
We come together with diversity of thoughts, stories, talents, hopes and hurts; all we bring is welcome. Our prayer is that in coming together with all our differences and with Spirit, we participate toward a new divine reality. This is sacred space.
God, you have already blessed this table as the means for our coming together, help us now to share in honesty and towards truth, so that the fruits of this gathering may be loving fellowship and new life. Amen.
TELLING OUR STORY
PEACE – TOAST
In this place we creatively express;
Some of us are focused, some are a mess!
We participate during the sermon
And people do connect, we are learnin’
Greet all with a handshake, toast or a wave
At all times feel free to yell, rant or rave
Fake not friends, we can arrive as we are.
Cheers! Here’s to sacred space in a bar!
Mark 7: 24-30
· Initial thoughts? Comments?
COMMUNION AND SHARING OF RESOURCES
God is with us.
Yes she is.
FEEDBACK AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Go now in peace, in love, in contemplation, and in whatever way the Spirit pulls at you.